- On Saturday, we went to a gorilla sanctuary where they bring rescued monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees. It was really amazing to see the animals so close! I would also like to add the disclaimer that it was a park. There are not primates just roaming the streets of Yaounde. Just so you know.
- I went to mass with my sister on Sunday. I did not understand all of it, or most of it, but it was still a really great experience. I stood when the people around me stood, and tried to say the words back when I was supposed to. It is not as easy as it looks, folks!
- We visited the University of Yaounde I on Wednesday and met some students. It was really great to be back on a college campus after taking classes in the SIT office. Their campus is definitely bigger than Butler's. Some fun facts for those of you viewing from home: it is the largest and oldest university in Yaounde. A bachelor's degree is called a licence because a bacc is the equivalent of a high school diploma. It takes three years to get a licence, two years for a masters, and three years for a doctorate. Now that you are properly informed, I shall move on :)
- My first essay is due today. Don't worry. I already finished it. I am not that bad at procrastinating when I'm in Cameroon.
- Also! I did my laundry for the first time in Cameroon this week. Let me tell you, it is a work out! I am so good and wringing out clothes now. So, if any of you need help when I get back, I am your girl.
I will try to post again when we are in Dschang. Until next time, people of the interwebs.