Friday, August 30, 2013

Anticipating Adventure

I haven't written a blog besides the posts required for classes, so I will attempt to write articulately and concisely. For those of you who know me best, those are not my strongest qualities. I am hoping to entertain and inform you of the happenings in my life. Bear with me as I enter the world of online journal writing. So here we go!

Tomorrow, well more like later today, most of my family will come over to say goodbye before I jet off around the world. In two days, I will leave South Bend, Indiana, for the western coast of central Africa. In three days, I will be in Cameroon. It is a strange and amazing experience to be here in this moment. On one hand I cannot even believe that this time has come. On the other hand I feel as if I have been preparing for this my entire life. If there were an imaginary third hand in the analogy I would feel as if I could not live in this in-between stage anymore. The trip looms in the not-so-distant future, and I am so ready for it.

I officially forced the majority of my items into one carry-on bag and one checked bag. I have tickets booked. I have books ordered. I have a prescription for malaria medicine. I have taken the required French classes. I am as ready as is humanly possible to leave America (or at least as ready as Beccah-ly possible). The goal is to post on this blog as much as possible throughout the course of my semester abroad. Life will be crazy and new and unexpected. I cannot wait to see what God does this semester in and through me.

Until next time people of the interwebs,
Beccah

No comments:

Post a Comment